Plato Quotes on Beauty (6 Quotes)
Find Plato on Beauty books & products @ Amazon
- The object of education is to teach us to love what is beautiful.
(Plato, "The Republic")
- Health, beauty, vigor, riches, and all the other things called goods, operate equally as evils to the vicious and unjust, as they do as benefits to the just.
- The good is the beautiful.
- Virtue is a kind of health, beauty and good habit of the soul.
- Beholding beauty with the eye of the mind, he will be enabled to bring forth, not images of beauty, but realities (for he has hold not of an image but of a reality), and bringing forth and nourishing true virtue to become the friend of God and be immortal, if mortal man may.
- Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity.