In a back room a man is performing an autopsy
on an old raincoat.
His wife appears in the doorway with a candle
and asks, how does it go?
Not now, not now, I’m just getting to the lining,
he murmurs with impatience.
I just wanted to know if you found any blood clots?
For my necklace . . .
More Poetry from Russell Edson:Russell Edson Poems based on Topics: Man
- The Alfresco Moment (Russell Edson Poem)
- The Ox (Russell Edson Poem)
- The Position (Russell Edson Poem)
- The Reason Why The Closet-Man Is Never Sad (Russell Edson Poem)
- A Performance At Hog Theater (Russell Edson Poem)
- The Theory (Russell Edson Poem)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:Based on Topics: Man Poems
Based on Keywords: candle, murmurs, asks, doorway, performing, lining, impatience, clots, raincoat, necklace, autopsy