There was once a hog theater where hogs performed
as men, had men been hogs.
One hog said, I will be a hog in a field which has
found a mouse which is being eaten by the same hog
which is in the field and which has found the mouse,
which I am performing as my contribution to the
Oh let’s just be hogs, cried an old hog.
And so the hogs streamed out of the theater crying,
only hogs, only
hogs . . .
More Poetry from Russell Edson:Russell Edson Poems based on Topics: Man, Cry, Movies, Art, Performance Arts
- The Alfresco Moment (Russell Edson Poem)
- The Ox (Russell Edson Poem)
- The Position (Russell Edson Poem)
- The Reason Why The Closet-Man Is Never Sad (Russell Edson Poem)
- The Autopsy (Russell Edson Poem)
- The Theory (Russell Edson Poem)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:Based on Topics: Man Poems, Cry Poems, Art Poems, Movies Poems, Performance Arts Poems
Based on Keywords: mouse, eaten, streamed, performed, performing, hog, hogs, performer, contribution