This is the house of the closet-man. There are no rooms,
just hallways and closets.
Things happen in rooms. He does not like things to
happen . . . Closets, you take things out of closets,
you put things into closets, and nothing happens . . .
Why do you have such a strange house?
I am the closet-man, I am either going or coming, and I
am never sad.
But why do you have such a strange house?
I am never sad . . .
More Poetry from Russell Edson:Russell Edson Poems based on Topics: Sadness
- The Alfresco Moment (Russell Edson Poem)
- The Ox (Russell Edson Poem)
- The Position (Russell Edson Poem)
- The Autopsy (Russell Edson Poem)
- A Performance At Hog Theater (Russell Edson Poem)
- The Theory (Russell Edson Poem)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:Based on Topics: Sadness Poems
Based on Keywords: happens, closets, hallways