Hannah Cowley Quotes (6 Quotes)
Find Hannah Cowley books & products @ Amazon
- It requires genius to make a good pun - some men of bright parts can't reach it.
- I have been five minutes too late all my life-time!
- O lord your wise men are the greatest fools upon earth they reason about their enjoyments, and analyse their pleasures, whilst the essence escapes.
- The charms that he Iped to catch the husband are generally laid by, one after another, till the lady grows a downright wife, and then runs crying to her mother, because she has transformed her lover into a downright, husband.
- Every body about me seem'd happy but every body seem'd in a hurry to be happy somewhere else.
- The charms of women were never more powerful never inspired such achievements, as in those immortal periods, when they could neither read nor write.
More Hannah Cowley Quotations (Based on Topics)
Man - Woman - Vanity - Pleasure - Mothers - View All Hannah Cowley Quotations
Oscar Wilde - Richard Steele - Philippe Quinault - John Fletcher - Jean Racine - Henry Taylor - Henry Porter - George Colman - Anton Chekhov - Alexandre Dumas