Quotes about scribe (6 Quotes)
Find Quotesscribe books & products @ Amazon
- Do I do as false prophets do and puff air into simulacra? Am I a Sorcerer--like Macbeth's witches--mixing truth and lies in incandescent shapes? Or am I a kind of very minor scribe of a prophetic Book--telling such truth as in me lies, with aid of such fiction as I acknowledge mine, as Prospero acknowledged Caliban.
(A.S. Byatt, "Possession")
>> More A.S. Byatt Quotations...
- Memory is the scribe of the soul.
>> More Aristotle Quotations...
- And if you are upon a journey and you do not find a scribe, then (there may be) a security taken into possession but if one of you trusts another, then he who is trusted should deliver his trust, and let him be careful (of his duty to) Allah, his Lord and do not conceal testimony, and whoever conceals it, his heart is surely sinful and Allah knows what you do.
>> More Quotations...
- O jest unseen, inscrutable, invisible, As a nose on a man's face, or a weathercock on a steeple My master sues to her, and she hath taught her suitor, He being her pupil, to become her tutor. O excellent device was there ever heard a better, That my master, being scribe, to himself should write the letter.
>> More William Shakespeare Quotations...
- It is important to tell good stories. You can tell stories even if they are not huge, epic, and wonderful. You can still take the responsibility for being a scribe of your tribe.
>> More Ajay Naidu Quotations...
- O you who believe when you deal with each other in contracting a debt for a fixed time, then write it down and let a scribe write it down between you with fairness and the scribe should not refuse to write as Allah has taught him, so he should write and let him who owes the debt dictate, and he should be careful of (his duty to) Allah, his Lord, and not diminish anything from it but if he who owes the debt is unsound in understanding, or weak, or (if) he is not able to dictate himself, let his guardian dictate with fairness and call in to witness from among your men two witnesses but if there are not two men, then one man and two women from among those whom you choose to be witnesses, so that if one of the two errs, the second of the two may remind the other and the witnesses should not refuse when they are summoned and be not averse to writing it (whether it is) small or large, with the time of its falling due this is more equitable in the sight of Allah and assures greater accuracy in testimony, and the nearest (way) that you may not entertain doubts (afterwards), except when it is ready merchandise which you give and take among yourselves from hand to hand, then there is no blame on you in not writing it down and have witnesses when you barter with one another, and let no harm be done to the scribe or to the witness and if you do (it) then surely it will be a transgression in you, and be careful of (your duty) to Allah, Allah teaches you, and Allah knows all things.
>> More Quotations...