Quotes about pitying (7 Quotes)
Find Quotespitying books & products @ Amazon
- I loved her enough to forget myself, my self pitying despairs, and be content that something she thought happy was going to happen.
(Truman Capote, "Breakfast at Tiffany's")
>> More Truman Capote Quotations...
- Pity can purge us of hostility and arouse feelings of identification with the characters, but it can also be a consoling reassurance which leads us to believe that we have understood, and that, in pitying, we have even done something to right a wrong.
(Richard Wright, "Native Son")
>> More Richard Wright Quotations...
- Don't let them buy it, pitying God!
(Robert William Service, "Native Son")
>> More Robert William Service Quotations...
- For, though thy long dark lashes low depending,
The soul of melancholy Gentleness
Gleams like a Seraph from the sky descending,
Above all pain, yet pitying all distress;
At once such majesty with sweetness blending,
I worship more, but cannot love thee less.
(Lord Byron, "Native Son")
>> More Lord Byron Quotations...
- Not louder shrieks to pitying heaven are cast, When husbands or when lap-dogs breathe their last.
>> More Alexander Pope Quotations...
- Thine eyes I love, and they, as pitying me,
Knowing thy heart torment me with disdain,
Have put on black, and loving mourners be,
Looking with pretty ruth upon my pain.
(William Shakespeare, "Native Son")
>> More William Shakespeare Quotations...
- I once made the mistake of telling someone that I always wanted to be a barrister - and I got a pitying look, flollowed by an article along lines 'the poor little tart thinks she could get a proper job, but look at the way she photographs'
>> More Rachel Weisz Quotations...