Is it for now or for always,
The world hangs on a stalk?
Is it a trick or a trysting-place,
The woods we have found to walk?
Is it a mirage or miracle,
Your lips that lift at mine:
And the suns like a juggler’s juggling-balls,
Are they a sham or a sign?
Shine out, my sudden angel,
Break fear with breast and brow,
I take you now and for always,
For always is always now.
More Poetry from Philip Larkin:Philip Larkin Poems based on Topics: World, Sign & Symbol, Angels, Miracles
- Vers De Soci (Philip Larkin Poems)
- Tr (Philip Larkin Poems)
- Night Music (Philip Larkin Poems)
- When First We Faced (Philip Larkin Poems)
- As Bad as a Mile (Philip Larkin Poems)
- Library Ode (Philip Larkin Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:Based on Topics: World Poems, Angels Poems, Sign & Symbol Poems, Miracles Poems
Based on Keywords: mirage, sham, juggler, trysting-place