Chink against my ribs
And roll about like silver hail-stones.
I should like to spill them out,
And pour them, all shining,
But my heart is shut upon them
And holds them straitly.
Come, You! and open my heart;
That my thoughts torment me no longer,
But glitter in your hair.
More Poetry from Amy Lowell:Amy Lowell Poems based on Topics: Hair
- Towns in Colour (Amy Lowell Poems)
- Lilacs (Amy Lowell Poems)
- The Swans (Amy Lowell Poems)
- Twenty-Four Hokku On A Modern Theme (Amy Lowell Poems)
- Stravinsky's (Amy Lowell Poems)
- Diya (Amy Lowell Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:Based on Topics: Hair Poems
Based on Keywords: straitly, hail-stones