James Humes Quotes (6 Quotes)
- The art of communication is the language of leadership.
- Most speakers speak ten minutes too long.
- Every time you have to speak, you are auditioning for leadership.
- Churchill wrote his own speeches. When a leader does that, he becomes emotionally invested with his utterances. If Churchill had had a speech writer in 1940, Britain would be speaking German today.
- I don't like jokes in speeches. I do like wit and humor. A joke is to humor what pornography is to erotic language in a good novel.
- One secret of leadership is that the mind of a leader never turns off. Leaders even when they are sightseers or spectators, are active; not passive observers.
More James Humes Quotations (Based on Topics)
Leading & Managing - Leadership - Speech - Jokes & Humor - Mind - Communication - Language - Speaking - View All James Humes Quotations
Walter F. Mondale - Ralph Nader - Pierre de Fermat - Lord Patrick Devlin - Kenneth Starr - Johnnie Cochran - Jacques Verges - Elliott Abrams - Christopher Darden - Cass Sunstein