FOUL-FEATHERED and scald-necked,
They sit in evil state;
Raw marks upon their breasts
As on men’s wearing chains.
Impure, though they may plunge
Into the morning’s springs,
And spirit-dulled, though they
Command the heaven’s heights.
Angels of foulness, ye,
So fierce against the dead!
Sloth on your muffled wings,
And speed within your eyes!
More Poetry from Padraic Colum:Padraic Colum Poems based on Topics: Man, Heaven, Morning, Angels, Good & Evil
- The Miracle Of The Corn (Padraic Colum Poems)
- Reminiscence (Padraic Colum Poems)
- Swift's Pastoral (Padraic Colum Poems)
- The Ballad Of Downal Baun (Padraic Colum Poems)
- Hawaii (Padraic Colum Poems)
- Verses For Alfeo Faggi's Stations Of The Cross (Padraic Colum Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:Based on Topics: Man Poems, Heaven Poems, Morning Poems, Angels Poems, Good & Evil Poems
Based on Keywords: foulness