Robert William Service Poems >>
Some inherit manly beauty,
Some come into worldly wealth;
Some have lofty sense of duty,
Others boast exultant health.
Though the pick may be confusing,
Health, wealth, charm or character,
If you had the chance of choosing
Which would you prefer?
I'm not sold on body beauty,
Though health I appreciate;
Character and sense of duty
I resign to Men of State.
I don't need a heap of money;
Oh I know I'm hard to please.
Though to you it may seem funny,
I want none of these.
No, give me Imagination,
And the gift of weaving words
Into patterns of creation,
With the lilt of singing birds;
Passion and the power to show it,
Sense of life with love expressed:
Let my be a bloody poet,--
You can keep the rest.
More Poetry from Robert William Service:
Robert William Service Poems based on Topics: Life, Sense & Perception, Money & Wealth, Beauty, Literature, Chance, Birds, Charity, Poets, Power, Imagination & Visualization
- Fighting Mac (Robert William Service Poems)
- If You Had The Choice Of Two Women To Wed (Robert William Service Poems)
- (The sunshine seeks my little room) (Robert William Service Poems)
- Pilgrims (Robert William Service Poems)
- Decadence (Robert William Service Poems)
- The Heart Of The Sourdough (Robert William Service Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:
Based on Topics: Life Poems, Sense & Perception Poems, Beauty Poems, Birds Poems, Money & Wealth Poems, Power Poems, Literature Poems, Charity Poems, Body Poems, Poets Poems, Passion Poems
Based on Keywords: confusing, exultant, appreciate