Carolyn Wells Poems >>
Our Bobby is a little boy, of six years old, or so;
And every kind of rubbish in his pocket he will stow.
One day he thought he'd empty it (so he again could stock it);
And here's an alphabet of what was found in Bobby's pocket.
A was a rosy Apple, with some bites out, here and there;
B was a bouncing rubber Ball that bounded in the air.
C was a crispy crusty Cake with citron on the top;
D was a dancing Donkey that could jump around and hop.
E was a little robin's Egg, all speckled blue and brown;
F was a fluffy Feather that was white and soft as down.
G was a lively Grasshopper, whose legs and wings were green;
H was a grimy Handkerchief that once perhaps was clean.
I was a plaster Image that had lost its plaster head;
J was a jolly Jumping-Jack all painted blue and red.
K was a keen and shining Knife, 'twould cut the toughest bark;
L was a little wooden Lion, strayed out of Noah's Ark.
M was a Marble, large and round, with colors bright and clear;
N was a bent and rusty Nail, of little use, I fear.
O was a tiny Oil-can, which was always upside down;
P was a Penny Bob had saved to spend some day in town.
Q was a Quilted ear-tab, which had lost its velvet mate;
R was a Ring with a glassy gem of wondrous size and weight.
S was a String, a piece of Soap, a Stone, a Sponge, a Stick;
T was a lump of Taffy, exceeding soft and thick.
U, an Umbrella-handle, of silver-mounted horn;
V was a comic Valentine, a little creased and worn.
W was some sticky Wax, lovely to pinch and mould;
X was an old Xpress receipt, worn out in every fold.
Y was a lot of Yellow Yarn, all bunched up like a mop;
Z was a jagged piece of Zinc, found in a plumber's shop.
All these are Bob's possessions; he loves every single thing;
And owning all these treasures he's as happy as a King!
More Poetry from Carolyn Wells:
Carolyn Wells Poems based on Topics: Kings & Queens, Fear, Dancing, Romantic Love, Lions
- A Phenomenal Fauna (Carolyn Wells Poems)
- The Purple Cow Parodies (Carolyn Wells Poems)
- The Lay Of The Lady Lorraine (Carolyn Wells Poems)
- How The Cat Was Belled (Carolyn Wells Poems)
- The Rhyme Of Triangular Tommy (Carolyn Wells Poems)
- An Alphabet Zoo (Carolyn Wells Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:
Based on Topics: Kings & Queens Poems, Fear Poems, Dancing Poems, Romantic Love Poems, Lions Poems
Based on Keywords: creased, toughest, stow, fluffy, bunched, taffy, crusty, bobby, crispy, plumber, zinc
- Of The Nature Of Things: Book IV - Part 04 - Some Vital Functions (Lucretius Poems)
- Book IV - Part 04 - Some Vital Functions (Lucretius Poems)
- Medulla Poetarum Romanorum - VOL. I. (Content - Courtship) (Henry Baker Poems)
- Army Of Northern Virginia (Stephen Vincent Benet Poems)
- Moslem Worship (John Pierpont Poems)