Quotes about daybreak (15 Quotes)
Find Quotesdaybreak books & products @ Amazon
- Soon it will be daybreak. Soon the day will break. I can't stop it from breaking in the same way it always does, and then from lying there broken; always the same day, which comes around again like clockwork. It begins with the day before the day before, and then the day before, and then it's the day itself. A Saturday. The breaking day. The day the butcher comes.
(Margaret Atwood, "Alias Grace")
>> More Margaret Atwood Quotations...
- Ah, Father! That's words and only words! Forgive! If he'd not been run over, he'd have come home today drunk and his only shirt dirty and in rags and he'd have fallen asleep like a log, and I should have been sousing and rinsing till daybreak, washing his rags and the children's and then drying them by the window and as soon as it was daylight I should have been darning them. What's the use of talking forgiveness! I have forgiven as it is!
(Fyodor Dostoyevsky, "Crime and Punishment")
>> More Fyodor Dostoyevsky Quotations...
- The council now beginning rises in the Church like the daybreak, a forerunner of most splendid light.
(Pope John XXIII)
>> More Pope John XXIII Quotations...
- Born after sunset, dead by daybreak, his 11-hour scrap of existence was little more than a shuttle down fluorescent hallways, a tour of wards and laboratories.
>> More Tim Page Quotations...
- When to soft Sleep we give ourselves away, And in a dream as in a fairy bark Drift on and on through the enchanted dark To purple daybreak - little thought we pay.
(Thomas Bailey Aldrich)
>> More Thomas Bailey Aldrich Quotations...
- I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.
(Martin Luther King, Jr.)
>> More Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotations...
- At daybreak, when loath to rise, have this thought in thy mind I am rising for a man's work.
>> More Publilius Syrus Quotations...
- I arrived with my staff in front of the heights of Gettysburg shortly after daybreak, as I have already stated, on the morning of the 2d of July.
(John B. Hood)
>> More John B. Hood Quotations...
- Nay I swear by the moon, And the night when it departs, And the daybreak when it shines Surely it (hell) is one of the gravest (misfortunes), A warning to mortals, To him among you who wishes to go forward or remain behind.
>> More Quotations...
- I swear by the daybreak, And the ten nights, And the even and the odd, And the night when it departs.
>> More Quotations...
- In the cold, shivering twilight, preceding the daybreak of civilization, the dominating emotion of man was fear.
>> More Paul Harris Quotations...
- soon realize they're out there spraying at daybreak. They're out there picking at night (under lights), and it's costing them more than they're getting out of it. That's not the type of vineyard longevity I'm looking for.
>> More Joe Hart Quotations...
- A rare experience of a moment at daybreak, when something in nature seems to reveal all consciousness, cannot be explained at noon. Yet it is part of the day's unity.
>> More Charles Ives Quotations...
- It is well to be up before daybreak, for such habits contribute to health, wealth, and wisdom.
>> More Aristotle Quotations...
- The quiet nonchalance of death --
No Daybreak -- can bestir --
The slow -- Archangel's syllables
Must awaken her!
(Emily Dickinson, "Crime and Punishment")
>> More Emily Dickinson Quotations...