As for a moment he stands, in hardy masculine beauty,
Poised on the fircrested rock, over the pool which below him
Gleams in the wavering sunlight, waiting the shock of his plunging.
So for a moment I stand, my feet planted firm in the present,
Eagerly scanning the future which is so soon to possess me.
More Poetry from Amy Lowell:Amy Lowell Poems based on Topics: Beauty, Future, Present
- Towns in Colour (Amy Lowell Poems)
- Lilacs (Amy Lowell Poems)
- The Swans (Amy Lowell Poems)
- Twenty-Four Hokku On A Modern Theme (Amy Lowell Poems)
- Stravinsky's (Amy Lowell Poems)
- Diya (Amy Lowell Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:Based on Topics: Beauty Poems, Future Poems, Present Poems
Based on Keywords: scanning, fircrested