Adam, Eve and all the rest of men
Threw away the chart of holy life,
And becoming Satan’s cruel children,
Waste the world in ceaseless strife.
Europe’s sons are foremost now in craft.
Man designs to crust the higher self:
With their politics and racial graft
They sail o’er the world in hunt of pelf.
Mussolini’s creed of grab and take
Was at first the Roman’s highest law;
But, right now all life is set to stake
If the brutal human stroke has flaw.
Day by day we see the white man’s sin
Making all the world a living hell,
Not a place for good to enter in,
No, except through burning shot and shell.
When the God of all made thinking man,
Placing him on earth to dwell in love,
Angels hoped to see the human clan
Blessing God, the gracious King above.
Fight to kill, is watchword of the day:
White men have no other human urge:
They have ceased to worship God, to pray;
But they glory in the sinful surge.
Robbing all the lands beyond the sea,
Making slaves and beating children, too,
White men claim that they are great and free,
Much more great than ravished me and you.
(Marcus Mosiah Garvey)
More Poetry from Marcus Mosiah Garvey:Marcus Mosiah Garvey Poems based on Topics: Man, World, God, Life, Love, Sin, Hell, Sons, Angels, Law & Regulation, Self
- The Tragedy of White Injustice (Marcus Mosiah Garvey Poems)
- The City Storm (Marcus Mosiah Garvey Poems)
- The Black Woman (Marcus Mosiah Garvey Poems)
- The White Man~Spirit of Mussolini (Marcus Mosiah Garvey Poems)
- The Smell of Mussolini (Marcus Mosiah Garvey Poems)
- The Devil in Mussolini (Marcus Mosiah Garvey Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:Based on Topics: Love Poems, Man Poems, God Poems, Life Poems, World Poems, Place Poems, Sons Poems, Sin Poems, Law & Regulation Poems, Children Poems, Angels Poems
Based on Keywords: mussolini
- Poem For The Two Hundred And Fiftieth Anniversary Of The Founding Of Harvard College (Oliver Wendell Holmes Poems)
- The School Of The Heart. Lesson The Second. (Henry Alford Poems)
- A Story Of Doom: Book I. (Jean Ingelow Poems)
- An Anatomy Of The World... (John Donne Poems)
- Festus - XVI (Philip James Bailey Poems)