I took my girlfriend to your last poetry reading,
yes, yes? I asked.
she’s young and pretty, she said.
and? I asked.
she hated your
then she stretched out on the couch
and pulled off her
I don’t have very good legs,
all right, I thought, I don’t have very good
poetry; she doesn’t have very good
More Poetry from Charles Bukowski:Charles Bukowski Poems based on Topics: Literature, Poetry, Mind, Thought & Thinking, Education, Reading
- About My Very Tortured Friend, Peter (Charles Bukowski Poems)
- I Wanted To Overthrow The Government But All I Brought Down Was Somebody's Wife (Charles Bukowski Poems)
- Trollius And trellises (Charles Bukowski Poems)
- The Sun Wields Mercy (Charles Bukowski Poems)
- Wax Job (Charles Bukowski Poems)
- Crucifix In A Deathhand (Charles Bukowski Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:Based on Topics: Mind Poems, Thought & Thinking Poems, Education Poems, Literature Poems, Poetry Poems, Reading Poems
Based on Keywords: couch, boots, legs, pulled, asked, pretty, took, she, stretched, doesn, young