In the words of the master
after his prayer in the garden
his submission to God’s purpose
ready for the confrontation
all that had been foretold
a light in that darkness
ready for the passion
to formally begin.
“Rise! Let us go!
Here comes my betrayer!”
The hour has come.
May 22, 2011
Heartlight’s Straight Through Bible Study
for October 27, 2010,
read May 22, 2011
All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage.
See all 11,850+ of my poems at Poetry Where You Live.
(Raymond A. Foss)
More Poetry from Raymond A. Foss:Raymond A. Foss Poems based on Topics: Literature, Poetry, Light, Garden, Passion
- Hearing their whispers (Raymond A. Foss Poem)
- Hearing the martyrs, the heroes (Raymond A. Foss Poem)
- Awkward Seasons (Raymond A. Foss Poem)
- Sow Peace (Raymond A. Foss Poem)
- Live Peaceably (Raymond A. Foss Poem)
- Listening to their grief (Raymond A. Foss Poem)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:Based on Topics: Light Poems, Literature Poems, Garden Poems, Passion Poems, Poetry Poems
Based on Keywords: formally, confrontation