Of that so sweet imprisonment
My soul, dearest, is fain — –
Soft arms that woo me to relent
And woo me to detain.
Ah, could they ever hold me there
Gladly were I a prisoner!
Dearest, through interwoven arms
By love made tremulous,
That night allures me where alarms
Nowise may trouble us;
But lseep to dreamier sleep be wed
Where soul with soul lies prisoned.
More Poetry from James Joyce:James Joyce Poems based on Topics: Soul
- I Hear an Army (James Joyce Poems)
- Dear Heart (James Joyce Poems)
- When the Star Goes Forth in Heaven (James Joyce Poems)
- Bid Adieu (James Joyce Poems)
- Tutto (James Joyce Poems)
- Bahnhofstras (James Joyce Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:Based on Topics: Soul Poems
Based on Keywords: imprisonment, detain, relent, nowise, prisoned, allures, interwoven, dreamier