There’s music in my soul today,
A joy of heart not there before:
This state of conscience I relay
To rich and proud and meek and poor.
There’s music in my happy Soul:
From Heaven’s realm doth truly flow
This music in my happy Soul,
My conscience tells me riglitly so.
My song of joy I sing to you:
Let peace and love forever be
Among ye men of every hue,
Of every land and charted sea.
I crave no other fortune great,
But joy to live in peace with God;
My hopes are fixed on His Estate,
In faith so true as prophets had.
This music in my soul today
I spread in truth with love unfurled;
On waves of cheer it goes, I pray,
To reach around the belted world.
(Marcus Mosiah Garvey)
More Poetry from Marcus Mosiah Garvey:Marcus Mosiah Garvey Poems based on Topics: World, God, War & Peace, Truth, Soul, Joy & Excitement, Belief & Faith, Conscience
- The Tragedy of White Injustice (Marcus Mosiah Garvey Poems)
- The City Storm (Marcus Mosiah Garvey Poems)
- The Black Woman (Marcus Mosiah Garvey Poems)
- The White Man~Spirit of Mussolini (Marcus Mosiah Garvey Poems)
- The Smell of Mussolini (Marcus Mosiah Garvey Poems)
- The Devil in Mussolini (Marcus Mosiah Garvey Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:Based on Topics: God Poems, World Poems, Soul Poems, War & Peace Poems, Joy & Excitement Poems, Belief & Faith Poems, Truth Poems, Conscience Poems
Based on Keywords: relay
- Protestant Popery: Or, The Convocation - Canto IV (Nicholas Amhurst Poems)
- The Protestant Session (Nicholas Amhurst Poems)
- How I Consulted The Oracle Of The Goldfishes (James Russell Lowell Poems)
- The Vision Of Piers Plowman - Part 04 (William Langland Poems)
- Cen'lin, Prince Of Mercia (Matilda Betham Poems)