a girlfriend came in
built me a bed
scrubbed and waxed the kitchen floor
scrubbed the walls
cleaned the toilet
scrubbed the bathroom floor
and cut my toenails and
all on the same day
the plumber came and fixed the kitchen faucet
and the toilet
and the gas man fixed the heater
and the phone man fixed the phone.
noe I sit in all this perfection.
it is quiet.
I have broken off with all 3 of my girlfriends.
I felt better when everything was in
it will take me some months to get back to normal:
I can’t even find a roach to commune with.
I have lost my rythm.
I can’t sleep.
I can’t eat.
I have been robbed of
More Poetry from Charles Bukowski:Charles Bukowski Poems based on Topics: Sleep, Telephones, Hair, Perfection
- About My Very Tortured Friend, Peter (Charles Bukowski Poems)
- I Wanted To Overthrow The Government But All I Brought Down Was Somebody's Wife (Charles Bukowski Poems)
- Trollius And trellises (Charles Bukowski Poems)
- The Sun Wields Mercy (Charles Bukowski Poems)
- Wax Job (Charles Bukowski Poems)
- Crucifix In A Deathhand (Charles Bukowski Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:Based on Topics: Sleep Poems, Hair Poems, Perfection Poems, Telephones Poems
Based on Keywords: walls, broken, man, felt, fixed, quiet, kitchen, built, cut, months, eat