In this dim cave
we can go no further
Here money is key
to smooth age. Horses,
givers of guilt. Great
bags of gold.
I want obedience!
We examine this ancient
& insane theatre, obscene
like luxuriant churches
The actors are twice-blessed
before us. This is
too serious & severe.
patterned in stillness.
(James Douglas Morrison)
More Poetry from James Douglas Morrison:James Douglas Morrison Poems based on Topics: Movies, Performance Arts, Obedience, Money & Wealth, Mystery, Age, Gold
- Notes On Vision (James Douglas Morrison Poems)
- The New Creatures (James Douglas Morrison Poems)
- Paris Journal (James Douglas Morrison Poems)
- The Celebration Of The Lizard (James Douglas Morrison Poems)
- Just Thinking Of You (James Douglas Morrison Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:Based on Topics: Gold Poems, Money & Wealth Poems, Age Poems, Mystery Poems, Obedience Poems, Movies Poems, Performance Arts Poems
Based on Keywords: givers, twice-blessed