Patrick Kavanagh Poems >>
We are the children of light,
Wise, not companioned
In a condemned graveyard.
Blizzards of memory
But here a point,
The objective essence
We work in.
We shall not drink from the stink-pots.
With tin shovels,
We are this generation.
More Poetry from Patrick Kavanagh:
Patrick Kavanagh Poems based on Topics: Children, Christianity, Wisdom & Knowledge, Light, Generation, Memory
- Having To Live in the Country (Patrick Kavanagh Poems)
- On An Apple-Ripe September Morning (Patrick Kavanagh Poems)
- On Raglan Road (Patrick Kavanagh Poems)
- April Dusk (Patrick Kavanagh Poems)
- March (Patrick Kavanagh Poems)
- Innocence (Patrick Kavanagh Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:
Based on Topics: Light Poems, Christianity Poems, Wisdom & Knowledge Poems, Children Poems, Memory Poems, Generation Poems
Based on Keywords: blizzards, companioned, objective, flatten, propaganda, genealogies