We are the children of light,
Wise, not companioned
In a condemned graveyard.
Blizzards of memory
But here a point,
The objective essence
We work in.
We shall not drink from the stink-pots.
With tin shovels,
We are this generation.
More Poetry from Patrick Kavanagh:Patrick Kavanagh Poems based on Topics: Christianity, Wisdom & Knowledge, Children, Light, Memory, Generation
- Having To Live in the Country (Patrick Kavanagh Poems)
- On An Apple-Ripe September Morning (Patrick Kavanagh Poems)
- On Raglan Road (Patrick Kavanagh Poems)
- April Dusk (Patrick Kavanagh Poems)
- March (Patrick Kavanagh Poems)
- Innocence (Patrick Kavanagh Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:Based on Topics: Light Poems, Christianity Poems, Wisdom & Knowledge Poems, Children Poems, Memory Poems, Generation Poems
Based on Keywords: flatten, blizzards, companioned, objective, propaganda, genealogies