Lesbia Harford Poems >>
"Each morning I pass on my way to work"
Each morning I pass on my way to work
A clock in a tower
And I look towards it with anxious eyes
To make sure of the hour.
But the sun gets up at the back of the tower
With a flare and a blaze
Hiding the time and the tower from my sight
In a blissful haze.
"I am the marker of time" says the sun.
I believe for the nonce he is lord of the day
And am rid of my cares.
More Poetry from Lesbia Harford:
Lesbia Harford Poems based on Topics: Time
- "We climbed that hill" (Lesbia Harford Poems)
- In The Public Library (Lesbia Harford Poems)
- "Do you remember still the little song" (Lesbia Harford Poems)
- Adventurers (Lesbia Harford Poems)
- A Parlourmaid (Lesbia Harford Poems)
- Lawstudent And Coach (Lesbia Harford Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:
Based on Topics: Time Poems
Based on Keywords: marker, nonce