Maya Angelou Quotes on Time (8 Quotes)
Find Maya Angelou on Time books & products @ Amazon
- In today's climate in our country, which is sickened with the pollution of pollution, threatened with the prominence of AIDS, riddled with burgeoning racism, rife with growing huddles of the homeless, we need art and we need art in all forms. We need all methods of art to be present, everywhere present, and all the time present.
- When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
- Since time is the one immaterial object which we cannot influence -- neither speed up nor slow down, add to nor diminish -- it is an imponderably valuable gift. Each of us has a few minutes a day or a few hours a week which we could donate to an old folks home or a children's hospital ward. The elderly whose pillows we plump or whose water pitchers we refill may or may not thank us for our gift, but the gift is upholding the foundation of the universe.
- The white American man makes the white American woman maybe not superfluous but just a little kind of decoration. Not really important to turning around the wheels of the state. Well the black American woman has never been able to feel that way. No black American man at any time in our history in the United States has been able to feel that he didn't need that black woman right against him, shoulder to shoulder -- in that cotton field, on the auction block, in the ghetto, wherever.
- You can't be consistently fair, consistently generous, consistently just, or consistently merciful. You can be anything erratically, but to be that thing time after time after time, you have to have courage.
- Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time.
- All great achievements require time.
- Have enough courage to trust love one more time. And always one more time.
More Maya Angelou Quotations (Based on Topics)
Love - Life - People - Hope - Charity - Time - Woman - Education - Courage - Man - World - Hospitality - Mind - God - Laughter - Art - Joy & Excitement - Soul - Change - Mastery & Expertise - View All Maya Angelou Quotations
More Maya Angelou Quotations (By Book Titles)
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Homer - e. e. cummings - Thomas Moore - Thomas Gray - Rainer Maria Rilke - Octavio Paz - Lucretius - Jorge Luis Borges - Elizabeth Barrett Browning - Amy Lowell