Antiphanes Quotes (6 Quotes)
- Everything yields to diligence.
- The quest for riches darkens the sense of right and wrong.
- Old age is, so to speak, the sanctuary of ills: they all take refuge in it.
- Poverty is the schoolmaster of character.
- Be not grieved above measure for thy deceased friends. They are not dead, but have only finished the journey which it is necessary for every one of us to take. We ourselves must go to hat great place of reception in which they are all of them assembled, and, in this general rendezvous of mankind, live together in another state of being.
- All pain is one malady with many names.
More Antiphanes Quotations (Based on Topics)
Pain - Characters - Speaking - Mankind - Sense & Perception - Friendship - Poverty - Diligence - View All Antiphanes Quotations
O. Henry - Niccolo Machiavelli - William Arthur Ward - Thomas Paine - Mitch Albom - Michael Cunningham - Herbert Kaufman - Henry Drummond - Charles Caleb Colton - Catherine Crowe