Sarojini Naidu Poems >>
O YOUNG through all thy immemorial years!
Rise, Mother, rise, regenerate from thy gloom,
And, like a bride high-mated with the spheres,
Beget new glories from thine ageless womb!
The nations that in fettered darkness weep
Crave thee to lead them where great mornings break . . . .
Mother, O Mother, wherefore dost thou sleep?
Arise and answer for thy children's sake!
Thy Future calls thee with a manifold sound
To crescent honours, splendours, victories vast;
Waken, O slumbering Mother and be crowned,
Who once wert empress of the sovereign Past.
More Poetry from Sarojini Naidu:
Sarojini Naidu Poems based on Topics: Sadness, Sleep, Mothers, Success, Past
- In The Bazaars of Hyderabad (Sarojini Naidu Poems)
- Damayante To Nala In The Hour Of Exile (Sarojini Naidu Poems)
- My Dead Dream (Sarojini Naidu Poems)
- The Song Of Princess Zeb-Un-Nissa In Praise Of Her Own Beauty (Sarojini Naidu Poems)
- Ecstasy (Sarojini Naidu Poems)
- Nightfall In The City Of Hyderabad (Sarojini Naidu Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:
Based on Topics: Sadness Poems, Sleep Poems, Success Poems, Past Poems, Mothers Poems
Based on Keywords: empress, beget, ageless, immemorial, splendours, regenerate, fettered