Charlotte Dacre Poems >>
HAST thou not seen the blooming rose
Turn to the God of day?
Her fragrant treasures all disclose,
Enchanted by his ray?
Hast thou not seen the sun decline!
Her bloomy beauty fade;
And joyless of his warmth divine,
Soon perish in the shade?
How say'st thou, love? thy bosom glows,
Bereft of thee , I fade;
My vanish'd sun--thy drooping rose
Will perish in the shade.
Thou art my sun--thou art my dew,
Spirit by which I live!
Come swift then, and a life renew,
To which thou soul cans't give!
More Poetry from Charlotte Dacre:
Charlotte Dacre Poems based on Topics: Love, God, Life, Romantic Love
- The Lass Of Fair Wone (Charlotte Dacre Poems)
- Edmund And Anna (Charlotte Dacre Poems)
- The Warrior (Charlotte Dacre Poems)
- How Canst Thou Doubt? (Charlotte Dacre Poems)
- To Her I Love (Charlotte Dacre Poems)
- The Mistress - Versified (Charlotte Dacre Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:
Based on Topics: Love Poems, God Poems, Life Poems, Romantic Love Poems
Based on Keywords: bloomy, sun-thy