Charles Causley Poems >>
I Saw A Jolly Hunter
I saw a jolly hunter
With a jolly gun
Walking in the country
In the jolly sun.
In the jolly meadow
Sat a jolly hare.
Saw the jolly hunter.
Took jolly care.
Hunter jolly eager-
Sight of jolly prey.
Forgot gun pointing
Wrong jolly way.
Jolly hunter jolly head
Over heels gone.
Jolly old safety catch
Not jolly on.
Bang went the jolly gun.
Hunter jolly dead.
Jolly hare got clean away.
Jolly good, I said.
More Poetry from Charles Causley:
Charles Causley Poems based on Topics: Countries
- Ten Types of Hospital Visitor (Charles Causley Poems)
- Ballad of the Breadman (Charles Causley Poems)
- Colonel Fazackerley Butterworth-Toast (Charles Causley Poems)
- Timothy Winters (Charles Causley Poems)
- On Being Asked to Write a School Hymn (Charles Causley Poems)
- At Nine Of The Night (Charles Causley Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:
Based on Topics: Countries Poems
- Advice To Ev'ry Master Of A Family, To Govern His House In A Religious Manner (Rees Prichard Poems)
- Otho The Great - Act III (John Keats Poems)
- The Turtle And Sparrow. An Elegiac Tale (Matthew Prior Poems)
- The Bas Bleu: Or, Conversation. Addressed To Mrs. Vesey (Hannah More Poems)
- The Heroic Enthusiasts: Part 2: Fifth Dialogue (Giordano Bruno Poems)