Miklos Radnoti Poems >>
And So Will I Wonder...?
I lived, but then in living I was feeble in life and
always knew that they would bury me here in the end,
that year piles upon year, clod on clod, stone on stone,
that the body swells and in the cool, maggot-
infested darkness, the naked bone will shiver.
That above, scuttling time is rummaging through my poems
and that I will sink deeper into the ground.
All this I knew. But tell me, the work--did that live on?
More Poetry from Miklos Radnoti:
Miklos Radnoti Poems based on Topics: Time, Body, Life
- War Diary (Miklos Radnoti Poems)
- Forced March (Miklos Radnoti Poems)
- Foamy sky (Miklos Radnoti Poems)
- For A Copy Of Steep Road (Miklos Radnoti Poems)
- Peace, Dread (Miklos Radnoti Poems)
Readers Who Like This Poem Also Like:
Based on Topics: Life Poems, Time Poems, Body Poems
Based on Keywords: maggot, infested, scuttling, rummaging